- Asylum Aid is an independent, national charity working to secure protection for people seeking refuge in the UK from persecution and human rights abuses abroad. We provide free legal advice and representation to the most vulnerable and excluded asylum seekers, and lobby and campaign for an asylum system based on inviolable human rights principles.
- To provide free and accessible legal representation of the highest quality, with a particular focus on the most vulnerable and excluded asylum seekers
- To campaign vigorously for a fair asylum process based on inviolable human rights principles. We always ensure that what we say is firmly rooted in the work we do
- To work co-operatively with our colleagues in the asylum and refugee movement, so that our work has the strongest possible impact
- To sustain a stable, independent and purposeful organisation which benefits all the people who need our help, and all the organisations with which we work
- We believe that human rights are unconditional, and that our commitment to promoting equality and justice should govern and inform every aspect of our work
- We believe that Asylum Aid should work to the highest professional standards to realise this commitment
- We believe in working collaboratively to advance our aims and to ensure that refugees can influence the direction and perspectives of the organisation